What do four funny females, three drunk monkeys, and a whiskey-drinking bagpiper have in common? They all find themselves on my Fave Five list of McKinney, Texas weekend fun. This week’s list starts the party on Thursday, so let’s get to it. Counting down from number five, I give you:
5. Churchill’s 5th Annual Burns Supper (Thursday, January 23) – Toast the life and works of Scotland’s favorite bard with bagpipes, haggis and whiskey. The fun starts at 7 p.m. No reservations necessary, but get there early to be seated. Churchill’s British Restaurant and Pub is located in downtown McKinney at 100 N. Tennessee St.
4. 3 Drunk Monkeys at Grotto Live (Friday, January 24) – Grotto Live is one of McKinney’s sexiest hotspots. Intimate seating, handcrafted cocktails, mouth-watering temptations from Sauce on the Square’s menu, and the aforementioned 3 Drunk Monkeys make for one fun Friday night, my friends. Doors open at 6 p.m. Grotto Live is located in downtown McKinney at 112 E. Louisiana St.
3. Go to Fort Worth (now through February 8) – If you live in McKinney, Texas, it is your duty to make annual pilgrimage to the legendary Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. Now in it’s 118th year, the 2014 show has it all, “Rock, Stock and Barrel.” Rodeo cowboys, livestock, carnival rides, live music and all manner of family friendly fun await you. Saturday’s January 25th’s features the World’s Original Indoor Rodeo® in the Coliseum at 10 a.m., 2 p.m., and 7:30 p.m.
2. Still in Fort Worth? (Saturday, January 25) – Check out one of McKinney’s favorite bands, The Rhythm and Beards. The Beards rock a new hotspot, Shipping and Receiving, located at 201 South Calhoun in Fort Worth. Also on the bill are Pablo and the Hemphill 7. Show starts at 8 p.m.
And the number one fun thing to do in McKinney, Texas this weekend is:
1. Four Funny Females Season 8 (Saturday, January 25) – First the bad news. Saturday night with the ladies of “feel good” comedy at McKinney Performing Arts Center is sold out. The good news is, limited seating is available for the February 8 and the March 1 shows. Grab tickets today to see the next presentation of Laura Bartlett’s award-winning, all-female stand-up comedy show, starring, Jodi Hadsell, Sherry Belle, Laura Bartlett and Linda Stogner. Meanwhile, join me on Twitter @MicheleSBernard. I will live-tweet from backstage and share all sorts of green-room scoop!